View Thread

• 1.  Introduction - New to FM world

Posted 03-10-2018 22:49
    Hello Everyone,

I am Mauricio Rodriguez. I am new to the FM world. I am 33 years old and spent 12 years in the Active component Army as an Infantryman. I completed my terms of service in 2015 and went off to college. I graduated with my Associates degree in Building trades from Manhattan Area Technical College in Manhattan, Kansas.
    While working as a Roofer I was asked to apply for a position within Kansas State University, Kansas State Athletics Inc. (KSA) as a maintenance assistant. During my time there I learned a lot about Sports facilities, events, and operations. I started as a Maintenance assistant and through hard work and dedication I earned promotions, and was promoted to a Manager- Facility Maintenance Supervisor.  Where I managed day to day maintenance and custodial operations for the Baseball stadium, Soccer Complex, and Indoor training facility. I loved working there and enjoyed how the facilities ran and how the organization worked so well to bring the Athletics Department to life. So I started to learn that I was great at maintenance supervision but wanted to learn more of the Facility Management side. So here I am today putting in my effort to continue to grow and have more opportunities in the FM world and also be able to apply my facility maintenance background to my future endeavors. 

As I continued to look for ways to grow I was offered a position as a Department of the Army Civilian working in the Fort Leavenworth Department of Public works, as a Maintenance Mechanic. 

I am also working on receiving my Bachelors Degree in Business administration with a concentration in management and thankfully I am 3 semesters away from achieving this goal.

------------------------------
    Mauricio Rodriguez
    Maintenance Mechanic
    US ARMY- IMCOM-DPW-Fort Leavenworth, KS
    Fort Leavenworth KS
    310-365-7202

• 2.  RE: Introduction - New to FM world

Posted 03-12-2018 11:09
    Hello,

Congrats and welcome.

Jacqueline King
    Facilities Coordinator
    Worldwide Clinical Trials

• 3.  RE: Introduction - New to FM world

Posted 03-15-2018 23:56
    Thank you!

---------------------------------
    Mauricio Rodriguez
    Maintenance Mechanic
    Fort Leavenworth KS
    310-365-7202
    ---------------------------------

• 4.  RE: Introduction - New to FM world

Posted 03-16-2018 13:36
    Glad to see you on here and welcome to the FM world!

Looking forward to getting to know you all a little better.

Jacob D'Albora, FMP
    Director of BIM-FM Services, AVP
    McVeigh & Mangum Engineering, Inc.
    Charlotte NC
    704-547-9035

• 5.  RE: Introduction - New to FM world

Posted 03-18-2018 17:03
    Thank you very much, I am also very excited to see how this association works.

Mauricio Rodriguez
    Maintenance Mechanic
    Fort Leavenworth KS
    310-365-7202