View Thread

• 1.  Recycling Branded Corporate Work Wear

Posted 03-21-2018 09:22

Hello,

I'm a new member here and I would like to get some advice. I am working on a project to purge my storage areas of unused corporate work wear. With my HR team we've come up with two options. The first would be a clothing give away to our employees. The second option would be to donate clothing to a charity or to recycling them. My dilemma with the first options is that most of our employees already have the clothing and its unlikely that our employees would want more of the same work wear. As for the second option I've been unsuccessful at finding a recycler or a charity in the United States that will properly dispose of our corporate work wear. There are companies in the United Kingdom like "Uniform Reuse" that specialize in recycling branded corporate work wear but that doesn't help me. Has anyone come across this issue or does anyone know of a recycler that specializes in corporate work wear disposal in the United State?

Thank you for your time.

------------------------------
    Brandon Angus
    Facilities Planner

• 2.  RE: Recycling Branded Corporate Work Wear

Posted 03-22-2018 09:07
    Hi Brandon,

I saw your message posted and wanted to reply. 

Depending on where you're located there could be a few different fabric recyclers but you'll just need to do a bit of research and continue digging. Often these companies can be hard to find. In NYC there's a few and some offer free pickups but others charge. Where are you located and where are most of the clothes located? How many pieces are you working with? You can definitely try donating some of the clothes but what we've often found (from experience) is that donating branded clothing in bulk is quite difficult due to everything being exactly the same. These day to day donation/non-profits want variety. 

Happy to chat further if you'd like! 

Best,

Lon

Lon Epstein
    Director of Business Development
    The Junkluggers
    NYC NY
    212 982 1284