View Thread

• 1.  Digital Displays

Posted 03-21-2023 10:49

Hello IFMA Members,

I've been tasked with finding a new solution for digital display/signage for the art museum. We are currently using a bright signs device which uses the bright author program to publish and schedule slideshows. I've had complaints that the software is clunky and need to find an easier solution. Admittedly, once you get past the learning curve it isn't too hard to control, but getting employees past that learning curve has been a challenge.

Would any of you have experience with other programs and can suggest alternatives?

------------------------------
    Peter Shoemaker
    Facility Supervisor
    Wichita Art Museum

• 2.  RE: Digital Displays

Posted 03-22-2023 09:10
    Reach out to Jon & juan at precision signs. I met them at nyc Ifma meeting. they have helped me in the past with similar issues regarding digital signage

(631)841-7500

Sent from my iPhone

• 3.  RE: Digital Displays

Posted 03-22-2023 09:45
    Edited by Andre Faucher 03-22-2023 09:46

Good Morning Peter,

Here at KU we use Optisigns. It is an extremely easy system and fairly user friendly including a built in system for designs, templates included. They even have remote options that allow your techs to interact with them so you can handle some of the issues without actually having to go to the physical location.

Many Thanks,

André

André Faucher, ProFM
    Facility Manager
    University of Kansas
    Lawrence, KS
    785-864-3751

• 4.  RE: Digital Displays

Posted 03-23-2023 17:25

Thanks for the input! I'll look into them early next week! Busy rest of the week for me! 

thanks,

Peter Shoemaker

Peter Shoemaker
    Facility Supervisor
    Wichita Art Museum